The Writer’s Road to Success weekend is almost upon us ( 8 tickets still available) So, I thought I’d introduce you to your instructors on our journey. Bridget Boland is BBL’s Lead Editor and Writing Coach. She assists us in deciding which manuscripts have merit, which authors might need a little help to improve their book, and makes sure that your content, fiction or nonfiction, is not only of superior quality, but that it reflects your vision and your voice for your work.
Although my “voice” is in my book, Bridget’s work has elevated the quality of the writing to something far beyond what I was capable of creating. – Barbara Gold, LCSW, LMFT
Here’s a little more about our esteemed Editor…
Bridget Boland’s work has appeared in Conde Nast Women’s Sports and Fitness, YogaChicago, and The Essential Chicago. Her debut novel, The Doula, was published by Simon and Schuster September, 2012. Excerpts from her work have won the Writers League of Texas Memoir Prize, and the Surrey Writers Conference Nonfiction Award. Bridget holds an MFA in creative writing from the School of the Art Institute of Chicago, a JD from Loyola University of Chicago, and is the recipient of seven residencies at The Ragdale Foundation for Writers and Artists, and recipient of an Illinois Arts Council Professional Development Grant.
On Saturday, Bridget will help you remove any ‘blocks’ that may be keeping you from finishing that manuscript and then show you how to prepare your words and yourself for publishing.
Bridget literally pulled that writer deep inside me to the surface. She artfully and expertly guided me as I wrote my first novel. I finally know I’m on my way to achieving my lifelong dream. – Jody Hadlock, Semi-Finalist, 2016 William Faulkner-William Wisdom Creative Writing Competition
You can sign up until Friday morning if we still have seats. This will be a small group to give each of you more personal attention. I hope you can join us! Here’s a little more about the schedule:
Writer’s Road to Publishing Success
Saturday, November 19
Clearing the Roadblocks for Inspired Creation: Energetics to Remove Blocks & help your creativity flow.
- What’s holding you back? Identify unconscious, limiting beliefs you hold around your writing and publishing and sweep them from your energy field with guided visualizations and energetic techniques
- Instill empowered beliefs in your subconscious and align with your writing goals for optimal success
Prepare Your Manuscript – and Yourself – for Success
- Identify action steps necessary to implement your new beliefs and reach your goals
- Create a schedule for writing, editing, marketing and P.R. that helps you reach your goals
- Learn how to professionally format your manuscript
- Learn why you must use professional editors and how to work with them
Sunday, November 20
Find Your Path to Publishing: Traditional, Hybrid or Self-publishing
- Pros and cons of today’s publishing options
- Ask Why: Aligning your goals with your publishing path
- What you’ll need. Essentials every author must have for publishing success.
- Time & Money: How much should you invest in editing, design and production?
The Essential Step-by-Step Roadmap to Branding, Marketing and Sales
- What’s an Author Platform, why you need one, and what it costs
- Book launch essentials
- Critical elements of a website
- Using Press Kits, online press rooms, publicity and social media to raise awareness and increase sales
- Budgeting your publishing and marketing dollars
Each session is 2 hours – Total of 4 hours each day, with an hour of social time on the rooftop deck or on the beach!